Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Be Careful Out There



A good friend of mine recently introduced me to Gospel Star Marvin Sapp and his daily spiritual insights called "Marvin's Motivational Moment." 

Family, jobs, personal interests and personal predicaments.  We live in a rushed and complex world that can easily be stressful and overwhelming.  All the more reason to stake out time to evaluate and regroup; to take stock of what's happening to you, REALLY happening to you, instead of making your schedule of commitments and appointments your top priority.

Who's in charge of this life? 

I love the immediacy of texting and also being able to communicate with friends any time of the day or night through emails and Facebook but after awhile it feels hollow and if I throw a couple of weeks of busybusybusy in there then I really start to feel out of touch.  If I can, I need to actually see the person or at least hear their voice to feel as though I'm reconnecting with them and that we're back in the same galaxy.  

Electronic interactions are great for the quick message, the fast update but not if you are in the mood for or in need of a heart-to-heart conversation.  That's why the following Motivational Moment from Marvin made me stop and really think about people in an entirely different way:

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
So handle them with care."


No comments:

Post a Comment