Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Michelle Williams Now

Actress Michelle Williams is healing.


By setting her own pace and allowing herself to feel the pain and imbalance of grieving, Williams has found new strength, new energy and hope as she takes on the complex role of Marilyn Monroe. 

In a new interview with Vogue magazine, Williams talks about the 2008 death of actor and ex-boyfriend Heath Ledger as a deep loss that continues to affect her outlook on life, changing her as a parent, a friend and as an actress. 

But with the passage of time, she is rebuilding her life, adapting to her new reality and gaining more control over her emotions.  To her surprise, three years later, "My life has kind of repaired itself," she told Vogue.

Previously,  the few times that she spoke in public about Ledger's death, she talked about the need for privacy in raising their daughter, Matilda, and how difficult it was to fit the pieces of her life back together.


Interviewed by ABC's Nightline last year, she said this about the first year of grieving: "In a strange way I miss that year, because all those possibilities that existed then are gone.  It didn't seem unlikely to me that he could walk through a door or could appear from behind a bush.  It was a year of very magical thinking and in some ways I'm sad to be moving further and further from that."

Here is the New York Daily News story about Williams containing a link to a Vogue picture gallery:

 Michelle Williams talks to Vogue on life after Heath Ledger: 'My life has kind of repaired itself'

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 11:01 AM
Michelle Williams spoke to Vogue about playing Marilyn Monroe and life after Heath Ledger.
Annie Leibovitz/Vogue
Michelle Williams spoke to Vogue about playing Marilyn Monroe and life after Heath Ledger.

Michelle Williams is moving on the best way she knows how.

The actress, 31, graces the cover of the October issue of Vogue and opened up to the magazine about playing Marilyn Monroe, raising her daughter Matilda, 6, and life after Heath Ledger.

"Three years ago, it felt like we didn't have anything, and now my life -- our life -- has kind of repaired itself," said Williams, whose "My Week With Marilyn" opened at the New York Film Festival Tuesday morning.
Ledger died from an accidental drug overdose at age 29 in Jan. 2008, leaving his ex and their daughter behind. The loss, Williams said, has influenced part of her life ever since.



"It's changed how I see the world and how I interact on a daily basis. It's changed the parent I am. It's changed the friend I am. It's changed the kind of work that I really want to do."

With "Marilyn," Williams seems to have found a role that fits her new criteria. She's long admired Monroe and the part gave her an opportunity to sink her teeth into a character she cared for and play a glamorous bombshell at the very same time.

"I've started to believe that you get the piece of material that you were ready for," she said.

"As soon as I finished the script, I knew that I wanted to do it, and then I spent six months trying to talk myself out of it," she said. "But I always knew that I never really had a choice."

No comments:

Post a Comment