Thursday, September 20, 2012

Kind Gestures

 
 
Life's Little Presents
 

Sometimes it's the little things in life that can make a difference.

Someone holds the door for you as you enter a building.

A stranger (nicely and innocently) smiles at you for no reason.

A friend calls you.

Someone treats you to lunch.

A happy card arrives in the mail.

You find a dress, purse or shoes on sale at an incredible price. ( I always love this!)

Someone actually listens to you.

These small wonderful surprises give you a lift and put something extra into your step.  Most of these are surprises that you can give to someone else too.  After all, life is a two way street. 

It goes without saying that I truly love the big unexpected surprises that come with the proverbial red bow around them but these days, at this point in my life, the wait is longer for those Santa Claus/Big Daddy life presents and instead I take pleasure in the small things that happen to me and I what I can do for others.


Try it and see.  I think you will be oh-so surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment