Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Navajo Prayer

As we embrace a new day. . .


Contra Costa County, California
Photo Courtesy of Flickr
 
A Navajo Prayer

In beauty may I walk.
 
All day long may I walk.
 
Through the returning seasons may I walk.
 
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk.
 
With grasshoppers about my feet may I walk.
 
With dew about my feet may I walk.
 
Planting Fields Arboretum
 Long Island New York
 
With beauty may I walk.
 
With beauty before me may I walk.
 
With beauty behind me may I walk.
 
With beauty above me may I walk.
 
With beauty below me may I walk.
 
With beauty all around me may I walk.
 
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty,
lively may I walk.
 
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty
living again may I walk.
 
It is finished in beauty.
 
It is finished in beauty.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment